After becoming a doctor, Glenn A. Jones looked for a place to practice medicine. His search led him to Dr. Haskell in Windsor, who told him about the town of Johnstown, 10 miles away. Since there was no transportation service, Dr. Jones walked. When he reached he reached the top of the hill north of town, he looked upon a beautiful valley and to the west, a panoramic view of the Rockies.
When Dr. Jones reached what he called "God's Spot" he rented two rooms upstairs in the Eureka building, constructed in 1907. He bought his supplies and furnished his office and began his practice in the Fall of 1920. His car would often be seen parked in front of his office, as in this photograph. He married the love of this life, Dorothy, in 1922.
A library, sponsored by the women's club, was in operation in the town in 1916 and had 1,550 volumes. The first full-fledged library did not arrive until October 1967, when the Glenn A. Jones Memorial Library was completed and dedicated. Much of the money for construction was donated by Dorothy Jones as a memorial to her husband, who had been an avid reader.